How to become a school principal
What does a school principal do?School principals are responsible for the operation and academic performance of primary and secondary schools. They oversee teachers and administration staff to make sure that students are receiving quality education in a safe and disciplined environment.
Duties and tasks
- Take responsibility for overall enrolment and monitoring of students' performance.
- Create and maintain a safe learning environment, enforcing rules as needed.
- Recruit school staff including teachers, administration, and maintenance employees.
- Manage the school budget.
- Network with schools in the community via meetings and conferences.
- Schedule meetings between parents, students and teachers for disciplinary action.
- Work with teachers on compliant and engaging curriculum.
- Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia
- Australian Primary Principals' Association (APPA)
- Australian Principals Federation
- Australian Secondary Principals' Association (APPA)
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an office administrator and what do they do?
Office administrators are the unofficial chief organisational officers of the workplace. They make sure their colleagues have the right tools and environment to do their jobs seamlessly.
11 project management short courses you can study online
Learn how to lead an important work project before the year is over. These online project management courses only take 10-16 weeks to complete.
Career planning: What can you do with an MBA?
There are so many ways you can use a Master of Business Administration to get ahead in your career, and they aren’t just in the business world. Let’s look at what else is out there.