Undergraduate | LTU-EDU4LAM-2023
Leadership and Management in Early Childhood Education
Part of a degree
- 27 Feb 2023,
- 18 Sept 2023
About this subject
What you'll learn
- Explore aspects of leadership and management and evaluate the attributes of an effective and motivational leader in an Early Childhood context.
- Articulate and demonstrate the meaning and purpose of advocacy and activism through leadership.
- Recognise and identify personal goals and demonstrate an ability to reflect on own professional abilities and continuous improvement.
- • Who is Leader?
- • Influences on early childhood education in Australia.
- • Pedagogical leadership.
- • Challenging stereotypes in early childhood.
In this subject pre-service teachers will examine a broad range of leadership styles and management roles in an early childhood context and recognise their own goals for leadership and management, identifying what success will mean in their future professional and personal lives. They will also investigate the issues that shape early childhood leadership such as: policy, legal requirements, political influences, professional ethics and operational management, Additionally, Pre-service teachers will examine advocacy through leadership research and practice and consider ways to advocate for professional and community awareness of the importance of early childhood education.
- Part A: Professional Plan Diagnostic task (word equivalence 200 words) (10%). This assessment task will be undertaken within the first 2 weeks of the term. Part B: Professional Plan (word equivalence 1800 words) (40%) (50%)
- Leadership Enquiry (Approx. 2000 words). (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
QS Ranking 2023: 20
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023: 16
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-ECE-DEG-2023 - Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following degrees