Leadership in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Analyse key developments in Australian higher education and its impact on leadership
- Determine what leadership capabilities and competencies are required for leadership in learning and teaching in higher education
- Implement a continuing professional learning plan and use life-long learning skills to enhance leadership skills
- Apply leadership theories and frameworks, and change management models
- Create effective strategies to generate change in learning and teaching.
- Contemporary leadership theories; learning to lead in higher education; putting leadership into practice.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Higher education requires leaders who are adept at managing continuous change, transparency, consultation, collaboration and accountability. This course takes a growth approach to assist academics to be effective leaders in learning and teaching and actively advance their careers. It does this through providing a foundation in leadership capabilities and competencies, contemporary leadership theories, and values-based strategic leadership frameworks.
Written Reflection - Discussion Summary (600 Words) and Rationale (600 Words) - 30% Written Essay - Create a Leadership Scenario (800 Words). Answer Questions Regarding Scenario (800 Words) - 30% Written Plan - Create a Plan for Local Leadership Initiative (1500 words) - 40%
- Discussion Summary (600 Words) and Rationale (600 Words) (30%)
- Create Leadership Scenario (800 Words). Answer Questions Regarding Scenario (800 Words) (30%)
- Create a Plan for Local Leadership Initiative (1500 words) (40%)