Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
Leadership in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 21 Feb 2022
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Analyse key developments in Australian higher education and its impact on leadership
- Determine what leadership capabilities and competencies are required for leadership in learning and teaching in higher education
- Implement a continuing professional learning plan and use life-long learning skills to enhance leadership skills
- Apply leadership theories and frameworks, and change management models
- Create effective strategies to generate change in learning and teaching.
- Contemporary leadership theories; learning to lead in higher education; putting leadership into practice.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Higher education requires leaders who are adept at managing continuous change, transparency, consultation, collaboration and accountability. This course takes a growth approach to assist academics to be effective leaders in learning and teaching and actively advance their careers. It does this through providing a foundation in leadership capabilities and competencies, contemporary leadership theories, and values-based strategic leadership frameworks.
Written Reflection - Discussion Summary (600 Words) and Rationale (600 Words) - 30% Written Essay - Create a Leadership Scenario (800 Words). Answer Questions Regarding Scenario (800 Words) - 30% Written Plan - Create a Plan for Local Leadership Initiative (1500 words) - 40%
- Discussion Summary (600 Words) and Rationale (600 Words) (30%%)
- Create Leadership Scenario (800 Words). Answer Questions Regarding Scenario (800 Words) (30%%)
- Create a Plan for Local Leadership Initiative (1500 words) (40%%)
Current study term: 20 Feb 22 to 27 May 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.