How to become an office manager
What does an office manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Develop work schedules for administrative support personnel.
- Evaluate staffs job performance and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Hire, train, monitor and promote office support staff.
- Implement policies and standards.
- Manage records, budgets and calendars for the office.
- Supervise office employees to ensure that proper procedures, standards and deadlines are being met.
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.