How to become an office manager
What does an office manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Develop work schedules for administrative support personnel.
- Evaluate staffs job performance and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Hire, train, monitor and promote office support staff.
- Implement policies and standards.
- Manage records, budgets and calendars for the office.
- Supervise office employees to ensure that proper procedures, standards and deadlines are being met.
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.