This degree covers the core subjects in business theory to give you a solid grasp of the fundamentals such as international business; economics and accounting; business operations and intelligence.
As part of the management specialisation you will develop technical, analytical and practical skills in areas such as business intelligence and operations, international management, ethics and values and organisational leadership and behaviour.
There are a range of career paths you can explore as a graduate of this degree, depending on which specialisation you choose. These include job roles such as:
- project manager
- general manager
- management consultant
- risk manager
You may already be employed whilst studying this degree, in which case you’ll be able to apply your learning in the workplace before you even graduate.
Every degree from UniSA Online is guided by an advisory board of industry professionals. They bring a wealth of experience to aid the design of subject content to reflect cutting-edge developments in your field. The University of South Australia’s connections with industry will help to enhance your online study experience. As a result, you will be presented with real life industry problems that organisations are facing.
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
For more information or if you are unsure of your eligibility please contact an OUA Student advisor on 1300 729 424
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study business On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, engage with subject content from day one, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
The 100% online Bachelor of Business (Management) is a flexible and innovative degree that will give you both the practical and theoretical knowledge to help you achieve your career aspirations.
By studying this degree, you will learn to manage resources and projects in a global business environment and explore current business trends and emerging issues in the workplace.
The University of South Australia is known nationally and internationally for excellence in business education. With degrees developed in partnership with industry and collaborations with top professional bodies, their degrees are up to date with today’s business environment.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. (Information correct as at October 2017)
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning (CURR 3021)*
*This subject is common to all UniSA Online degrees and will be offered multiple times each year to enable students to commence their program of study at any time. Students who are studying part-time must take this subject first before they study any other subjects in their chosen degree. Students who are studying full time may take this subject and one other subject in the same study period.
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
- Accounting Principles for Business Decisions (ACCT 1010)
- Business Law (LAWS 1019)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (MATH 1075)
- Professional Development in Business (BUSS 1066)
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange (MARK 1018)
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1010)
- Foundations of Human Resource Management (BUSS 2077)
- Business Intelligence (INFS 2038)
- Management and Organisation (BUSS 2081)
- Communication and Organisational Practices (COMM 2086)
- Organisational Behaviour (BUSS 2078)
- Project Management: Principles and Strategies (BUSS 2082)
- Business Operations (BUSS 2079)
- International Business Environment (BUSS 2080)
- Strategic Management (BUSS 3097)
- International Management Ethics and Values (BUSS 3094)
- Entrepreneurial Enterprises (BUSS 3093)
- Organisational Leadership (BUSS 3096)
- Managing Decision Making (BUSS 3095)
^Two electives in the final year are required to be at an advanced level and must be chosen from the suggested electives list for this degree. Other electives may be chosen from the UniSA Online electives list. Subject pre-requisites must be satisfied.
*Recognition for prior learning (RPL) may be granted for this subject to students who have completed relevant work experience as per the UniSA Online RPL framework. Further credit will be assessed in line with the UniSA RPL policy.
Students must complete 24 subjects including 4 electives
Choose your subjects
- Management of Industrial Relations - BUSS 3090
- Staffing Organisations - BUSS 3091
- Strategic Human Resource Management - BUSS 3092