How to become a marketing executive
What does a marketing executive do?
Duties and tasks
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns through cross-channel promotion of products and services (search marketing, paid media, above the line advertising and email marketing etc.)
- Conduct market research to evaluate patterns and trends, identify target audience and needs, and determine the most effective way to increase reach and engagement.
- Develop brand awareness and engagement across channels and in each stage of the customer journey.
- Produce creative copy and messaging for target audience for a range of marketing materials (website, press releases, social media etc.)
- Work closely with marketing managers to prepare budgets and monitoring expenses.
- The Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Communications and Media Authority
- The Association for Data-Driven Marketing and Advertising
- The Communications Council
- The Australian Market and Social Research Society
- The Australian Marketing Institute
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.