How to become a branch manager
What does a branch manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Advise customers on various financial products and interview loan applicants.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is being adhered to at all times.
- Meet with customers and resolve any problems or complaints.
- Oversee operational functions of the branch and provide solutions to any issues.
- Plan and implement business plans and manage business records and financial statements.
- Promote and market the institution and its products.
- Provide mentorship, training and direction to staff.
- Bank manager
- Bank officer
- Financial planner
- Hospitality manager
- Mortgage broker
- Service manager
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.