How to become a branch manager
What does a branch manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Advise customers on various financial products and interview loan applicants.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is being adhered to at all times.
- Meet with customers and resolve any problems or complaints.
- Oversee operational functions of the branch and provide solutions to any issues.
- Plan and implement business plans and manage business records and financial statements.
- Promote and market the institution and its products.
- Provide mentorship, training and direction to staff.
- Bank manager
- Bank officer
- Financial planner
- Hospitality manager
- Mortgage broker
- Service manager
Discover online finance degrees
Discover online finance subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.