How to become a branch manager
What does a branch manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Advise customers on various financial products and interview loan applicants.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is being adhered to at all times.
- Meet with customers and resolve any problems or complaints.
- Oversee operational functions of the branch and provide solutions to any issues.
- Plan and implement business plans and manage business records and financial statements.
- Promote and market the institution and its products.
- Provide mentorship, training and direction to staff.
- Bank manager
- Bank officer
- Financial planner
- Hospitality manager
- Mortgage broker
- Service manager
Discover online finance degrees
Discover online finance subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.