How to become a bank manager
What does a bank manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Manage the operational tasks of bank branches, building societies, credit unions or similar financial institutions.
- Oversee operational functions and provide solutions to operational issues.
- Plan and lead the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports and statutory returns.
- Present budget proposals to governing bodies, advising on the most effective use of resources and financing of capital expenditure and interpreting implications for business performance and funding.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is being adhered to at all times.
- Monitor sales targets.
- Promote and market the institution and its products.
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.