The Family Photo Essay
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Oct 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Analyse photographic images to identify composition and design
- Select, create and edit photographic images to tell a story
- Write captions to complement and interpret photographic images
- Evaluate the relevance of creative practice to family history
- Study schedules will be released before semester commencement.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject, you will work with media professionals to learn the basics of creating a family photo essay, bringing words and images together to communicate family stories. You will hone your writing skills and learn how to create, select, and edit photographic images.
You will learn how to use the photo essay format for personal, professional, or creative expression. For family historians and genealogists, the photo essay format provides you with the opportunity to create compelling and creative stories that interweave the past with the present. All of the photographs that you make for The Family Photo Essay can be done with your camera phone or a digital SLR. You do not need prior camera skills as you will be taught technical and compositional skills.
- Online Quiz (10%)
- Critical Reflection (20%)
- Images and captions (20%)
- Photo Essay (50%)
Current study term: 16 Oct 22 to 21 Dec 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.