Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Discuss the role and significance of logistics and logistics management practices to the economy and the organisation.
- Demonstrate the importance to the business of customer service associated with logistics.
- Explain the nature and importance of activities involved in supply-side and demand-side logistics.
- Illustrate the importance of integrated logistics management in the 21st century.
- 1 THE LOGISTICS CONCEPT
- 2 Customer service
- 3 Supply side logistics
- 4 Demand side logistics
- 5 Inventory management & control
- 6 Storage facilities, materials handling and packaging
- 7 Transport systems
- 8 International logistics
- 9 Logistics performance management
- 10 Outsourcing
- 11 Technology in logistics
- 12 Contemporary issues in operational planning
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject provides you with a broad appreciation of the nature and importance of logistics activities and introduces you to some of the concepts, tools and thinking used in logistics by logistics managers. It enables you to understand the key components of an integrated logistics system, such as procurement, inventory management and transport, whilst viewing the system synergistically. Central to an integrated logistics system is the customer: by studying the trade-offs between customer service and costs in this subject, you will be able to contribute positively to the logistics management activities in any company.
- Online Quiz (10%)
- LOGISTICS PERFORMANCE (30%)
- Closed book; short answer questions and/or a case study (40%)
- ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITY (0%)
- LOGISTICS ACTIVITIES (20%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.