Introduction to Family History
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of family history principles and planning
- Locate and use major family history repositories and records
- Critically evaluate sources for accuracy and reliability
- Present your genealogical work clearly and cogently, taking into account the contexts within which your ancestors lived
- Welcome and introduction
- Getting started with family history
- Home and Away
- Digging deeper
- Looking further afield
- Your family history legacy
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Introduction to Family History is designed for people interested in their own family histories or genealogy in general.
· You will learn how to efficiently plan and accurately record your family history using family history research principles and practices. The subject will teach you how to critically evaluate a range of online family history resources for accuracy and reliability.
· You will also learn how to communicate your findings in clear writing that is accurately referenced. Online discussion forums will enable you to communicate with fellow students as you embark upon your research journey.
- 5x Online Quiz (50%)
- Research report (50%)
Current study term: 24 Jul 22 to 30 Sep 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.