Introduction to Family History
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of family history principles and planning
- Locate and use major family history repositories and records
- Critically evaluate sources for accuracy and reliability
- Present your genealogical work clearly and cogently, taking into account the contexts within which your ancestors lived
- Welcome and introduction
- Getting started with family history
- Home and Away
- Digging deeper
- Looking further afield
- Your family history legacy
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Introduction to Family History is designed for people interested in their own family histories or genealogy in general. You will learn how to plan efficiently and record accurately your family history using family history research principles and practices. The subject will teach you how to critically evaluate a range of online family history resources for accuracy and reliability. You will also learn how to communicate your findings in clear writing that is accurately referenced. Interactive discussion forums will enable you to communicate with fellow students as you embark upon the research journey.
You may be surprised at what you discover and the new connections you make with relatives and friends.
This subject is one of a suite available for people interested in researching their family history.
- Online quizzes (50%)
- Biography (50%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 26 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.