Applied Technology Project
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Analyse industry tools and approaches to propose solutions for industry issues
- Apply industry best practice to manage projects
- Use reflection to analyse principles, practices, and project processes within Applied Technologies
- Study schedules will be released before semester commencement
You won't be able to enrol into this subject if you've already successfully completed or currently enrolled in the following subject(s) as they are considered anti-requisites due to the similarity of the content.
- TAS-ZAT118-Industry Project (No longer available)
No additional requirements
In this subject, you will work on an applied technologies project that will enable you to demonstrate problem-solving and design optimisation skills. Your discipline related project will include developing design options, carrying out a cost-benefit analysis and recommending a solution that is optimised within safety sustainability requirements. You will scope and define your own project.
This subject introduces you to the following:
- discipline-based skills and knowledge in dynamic practice situations. This will include authentic and purposeful, industry-related experiences
- concepts of managing effective relationships and communicating with others
- the development and use of adaptive leadership skills and how these skills relate to innovative and entrepreneurial practice
- the nature of responsible, accountable, and reflective workplace skills, and creative and critical thinking relevant to para-professional practice
You will exercise self-awareness, initiative, and judgement to manage yourself and professional relationships effectively.
- Project Progress Report (35%)
- Oral Presentation of Project Proposal (25%)
- Project Outcomes Report (40%)