Writing for Digital Media
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Examine the socially networked, increasingly mobile and interactive nature of new media.
- Explain the evolution of, and best practice approaches to, digital and print storytelling.
- Implement the skills of the digital writer, editor and content creator across a range of media platforms.
- Create a range of digital storytelling assets and a unique online personal brand.
- Apply the legal limits and freedoms that inform the work of digital media content creators.
- Digital and traditional media storytelling
- Writing well online to build a digital audience
- Online writing styles, techniques and platforms
- Establishing a blog
- Building your audience and brand online
- Audio storytelling
- Podcasting - The production process
- Podcasting - Post-production
- Podcasting – Publishing
- Promoting a Podcast
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Understanding what audiences want from you as a media professional, and the best ways to develop and deliver those digital stories, is the focus of this course. Writing for Digital Media encompasses the creation of words, images, graphics and audio for publishing online – blogs and social media. Whether the blog you create and the images, graphics, words and podcast you publish, are intended to promote or sell a product, service or message, you will learn best practice online writing for journalism, PR, marketing, social media and advertising purposes.
In this course, you’ll learn how to engage audiences through digital media by employing best practice writing and content creation approaches inspired by classic storytelling techniques. By developing and writing for a blog, social media and podcast you will build a digital audience and professional online brand. The weekly learning activities and assessments help you to develop your digital media storytelling skills. And you won’t just talk about the techniques, you will be building and launching your blog and social media
channels and developing a short podcast, which you can add to your digital portfolio.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Digital Media.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.