Strategic Human Resource Management
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply operational HR techniques towards the achievement of organisational HR and business strategic goals.
- Apply concepts and recent innovations in HR theory and practice towards the achievement of organisational goals.
- Analyse an organisation's business and HR environmental context.
- Explain the importance of strategic fit between HR and other organisational practices and goals.
- Evaluate the organisation's internal, external and environmental fit.
- Create an appropriate set of HR strategies and practices that enable the organisation to fully implement its business strategy.
- The Four Waves
- Environmental Assessment
- Business-HR Integration / Strategic Fit
- Three Different Perspectives on HR
- Organisational Culture / HR and Workforce Planning
- Strategic Issues in Operational HR
- Employee Engagement / Job Design
- Talent Management / Organisational Restructuring
- HR Metrics / Diversity Management
- Turnover and Retention Management
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this advanced course, you’ll explore the role of HR in developing successful business strategies as well as how processes are implemented within organisations. Discover how HR can be a source of sustainable competitive advantage for organisations.
Study best-practice approaches to HR policy and practice, resource-based views on organisational HR decision-making, types of strategic fit, measurement of HR performance, workforce planning, recruitment and retention, and change management.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s HR degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Written Assignment - 1500 words (30%)
- Written Assignment - 3000 words (70%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.