Project Management: Principles and Strategies
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the nature and functions of project management in a business environment.
- Identify the critical features of a project and describe the strategic importance of a project based corporate and industry strategy.
- Plan the strategic project including activities and resources scheduling, timeline and milestone indicators, financial budgeting and risk minimisation contingencies, using both manual and technological techniques, such as Gantt, PERT diagrams and discuss the significance of critical path.
- Identify the critical factors that lead to a successful relationship between project team and host organisation representatives.
- Analyse a project using a model of strategic governance.
- Design appropriate project deliverable formats, including a project report and an executive briefing presentation.
- Project management: An initial briefing
- Projects and organisational strategy
- Stakeholder management and project selection
- Scoping the project for success
- Developing a project schedule
- Managing project risk
- Project procurement management
- Working with project teams
- Reporting performance – closing out the project
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This course introduces you to the principles, language, techniques, and insights associated with project management.
You’ll cover several topics including project selection, scoping the project for success, developing a project schedule, managing risk in projects, project procurement management, and working successfully in teams.
You’ll also complete an industry project plan and will gain the skills to effectively manage projects no matter what field you work in.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Management degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous Assessment (50%)
- Group Project - 2000 words (50%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.