Professional Development in Marketing
Take control of your marketing career. Enhance your professional identity so that you can stand out. Go out of your comfort zone by setting goals, reflecting on achievements, and investigating opportunities. Create a five-year plan.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Jun 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify skills and knowledge relevant for a marketing professional, capture evidence, reflect on it and justify current levels of professional development.
- Demonstrate a professional orientation, document learning and achievements, set career directions, identify opportunities and devise a plan for professional development.
- Identify essential marketing communication and negotiation principles, implementing these in a variety of professional contexts.
- Apply written and presentation skills within a professional context, adhering to ethical practice.
- A career in marketing
- Applied creative, critical and reflective thinking
- Reflective thinking and self-awareness
- Written communication in marketing
- Oral communication in marketing
- Interpersonal communication and negotiation
- Ethical practice and social responsibility in marketing
- Career management planning and exploring opportunities
- Preparing for your next job: resumes and interview strategies
- Marketing yourself
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
USA-MARK1018-Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange and USA-BUSS1067 ;
No special requirements
Learn to market yourself and take control of your career! Enhance your professional identity and achieve your career dreams in a marketing-related field.
This course is all about your development – if you’re committed to self-development and not afraid to push yourself outside of your comfort zone, this is the course for you. You will get out what you put into this process.
Take a deep dive into goal setting, reflect on your personal and professional achievements, and uncover the vast career opportunities in the marketing industry.
Stand out from the pack and improve your CV so that it promotes your strengths and experiences to future employers. Learn to create a five-year career management plan and identify goals and specific activities that will help to achieve your personal and professional aspirations.
You will gain valuable career skills that you can apply immediately to land your dream job.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Business (Marketing) degree.
- Presentation (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.