Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange
Get a solid foundation in marketing that you can apply to your industry. Explore marketing concepts, thinking and practice. Learn to write a marketing plan for your business. Use competitor and SWOT analysis strategies.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the concepts and principles used in marketing management.
- Recognise and critically appraise the use of these concepts and principles by organisations.
- Explain how contemporary markets function and what influences customer and client response.
- Demonstrate the ability to find key information about markets and major organisations' marketing policies.
- Apply the concepts and principles of marketing in written and oral form.
- Marketing Environment
- Customer segmentation and targeting
- Market research
- Product (Goods and Services)
- Pricing and discounting
- Retailing and Shopping
- Global Marketing, social responsibility and ethics
- Media and advertising
- Strategic marketing and planning
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Gain a solid foundation and broad overview of marketing, no matter what industry you choose to work in.
Explore the main concepts and principles that underpin marketing thinking and practice. Learn to write a marketing plan for your business that includes essential elements such as market trends, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats), target markets, objectives and market strategies.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first year course from UniSA Online’s Marketing and Communication degrees.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Report (40%)
- Project (60%)
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.