The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the association between organisational leadership and effectiveness.
- Discuss organisational leadership theories.
- Compare and contrast behaviours, qualities, and roles of leaders.
- Analyse leadership development approaches and contexts.
- Examine dimensions of diversity in relation to leadership.
- Apply organisational learning and leadership theories to real world scenarios.
- Introduction to Organisational Leadership
- Contingency Approaches
- Leaders as Individuals
- Courage and Moral Leadership
- Motivation and Empowerment
- Motivation, Power and Social Influence
- Leading Teams
- Developing Leadership Diversity
- Shaping Cultures and Leading Change
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This is an advanced leadership course that builds on the concepts and issues covered in Management & Organisation. Taking a scientific approach, you’ll learn to evaluate various traditionally held myths about leadership.
Discover common traits in successful leaders, behaviours and leadership styles, and the types of situations where leaders can make an impact.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Management degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Report - 3000 words (70%)
- Case Study - 1500 words (30%)