Introduction to Contract Administration
Every construction needs to meet legal requirements. Understand the Australian legal system and regulatory framework for construction. You’ll cover the contents of a contract, the process of offer and acceptance and remedies for breach of contract.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the Australian legal system.
- Demonstrate a workable knowledge of the key statutes regulating the construction industry.
- Demonstrate a workable knowledge of the fundamental principles of contract law.
- Critically appraise and advise on, from a legal standpoint, case scenarios relevant to statutory and contract law on construction projects.
- Introduction to Australian Law
- The nature of the construction industry and its regulatory framework
- Contract formation, offer and acceptance
- Consideration and estoppel
- The contents of the contract
- Vitiation of contracts
- Discharge of contracts
- Remedies for breach of contract
- Trespass and nuisance
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Gain fundamental knowledge of construction law and contract administration including legal regulations and legislation in the construction industry.
This course provides you with essential knowledge of the Australian legal system and sources of law.
As a construction professional, you’ll be required to keep up with legal documents relevant to the construction industry. As you progress through your course, you’ll be developing an invaluable professional resource to refer to when you are working in the field.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees.
- Continuous Assessment (35%)
- Case Study (65%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.