Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of fire chemistry and behaviour and the active and passive fire systems used to mitigate its effects.
- Gain skills to apply fire knowledge to design, evaluation, and construction of buildings.
- Develop an understanding of legislative frameworks and their application in the design of buildings, including performance-based Codes.
- Integrate fire protection measures for existing and heritage buildings.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders about the concepts in fire technology and fire safety design.
- Essential Background to Fire Engineering
- How Fire Works
- Fire-induced Behaviours in Building Materials
- Design Fire Scenarios and Fire-Engineered Design
- Fire Loads and Material Testing
- Passive Fire Protection
- Egress and Occupant Behaviours
- Active Systems
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Study fire mechanics, fire chemistry, fire and smoke behaviour, as well as occupant behaviour and movement. Learn to apply these fundamental principles to fire safety system applications in buildings using the Building Code of Australia. Discover the application and process of performance solutions to utilise innovations in built form, systems, and materials. This course will build your skills, allowing you progress your career in this exciting, challenging, and dynamic field.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Quiz/Quizzes - 4x75 minutes (40%)
- Project - 2500 words (60%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.