Financial Accounting 3
Rise to meet international accounting standards. Interrogate foreign currency transactions. Study up on alternate business structures.
Gain a deeper appreciation for the statutory requirements that can impact the development of financial reports.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- be able to apply the International Accounting Standards in the context of a group of companies
- recognise and appreciate the conceptual, statutory and professional requirements that impinge upon the preparation of general purpose financial reports
- appreciate issues related to the preparation of general purpose reports for alternate business structures
- analyse and interpret information disclosed in general purpose financial reports.
- Property, Plant and Equipment Asset Revaluation
- Property, Plant and Equipment Asset Impairment
- Consolidations: Consolidation process at date of acquisition
- Consolidations: Consolidation process subsequent to date of acquisition
- Consolidations - inter-entity transactions - inventory
- Consolidations - inter-entity transactions - non current assets
- Consolidations: non-controlling interest
- Accounting for associates and joint ventures (equity accounting)
- Foreign currency transactions
- Foreign currency translations
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
To extend students understanding of corporate accounting and reporting requirements and related issues.
- 1000 words (20%)
- Continuous Assessment (20%)
- Written Exam 3 hours (60%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Bachelor of Accounting
- Level 1 Core Subjects
- Level 1 Core Subjects - Statistics
- Level 1 Core Subjects - Marketing
- Level 2 Core Subjects
- Level 3 Core Subjects