Financial Accounting 2
Extend your accounting studies by exploring equity, liabilities and revenue.
Reframe your practice to incorporate accounting for leases and income tax. Investigate disclosure issues. Consider statutory requirements as you take on financial reports.
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 May 2019
- 25 Nov 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- recognise and appreciate the conceptual, statutory and professional requirements that impinge upon the preparation of general purpose financial reports
- apply specific statutory and professional requirements in the preparation of general purpose financial reports
- analyse financial reporting issues by applying relevant accounting standards and research
- discuss relevant issues and theories underlying the development of specific accounting standards.
- Overview of the Reporting Environment
- Presentation of financial statements
- Other disclosure issues
- Accounting for leases
- Accounting for income tax
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Virtual Classroom
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
Presentation of financial statements: review of financial reporting requirements for companies, overview of general purpose financial reports; relevant accounting standards relating to the statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income and statement of changes in equity, and associated notes, including revisions and errors, retained profits and underlying accounting treatments. Other Disclosure Issues: accounting policies, materiality, and events occurring after reporting period. Liabilities: definition, measurement and classification, provisions and contingencies, disclosure and presentation. Leases: classification criteria, accounting treatment in the books of the lessee, disclosure requirements.
- Report - 2500 words (30%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (70%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.