Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Relate the principles of development and control to various projects and localities.
- Critically review the Development Acts and Regulations and the related Australian standards.
- Relate the Building Code of Australia to projects of all kinds using drawings and other information.
- Compose reports on building and planning matters and analyse non-compliance with regulations.
- Planning 1: Overview
- Planning 2: Strategic Plans, Policy and Review
- Planning 3: Developmental Assessment
- Planning 4: Appeals
- Building 1: The National Construction Code
- Building 2: Fire Safety 1
- Building 3: Escapes, Exits and Access
- Building 4: Fire Safety 2
- Building 5: Lifts, Active Systems and Special Use Buildings
- Building 6: Health, Amenity and Energy Efficiency
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Learn to interpret the Development Act and Regulations to building, planning and environmental controls within the practice of building surveying and planning. This course explores the South Australian development approval process and looks at the legislative framework that governs the process. Gain an understanding of the approval authorities, the regulation of building work, the planning appeal process, enforcements, and the analysis and interpretation of a council development plan, and the National Construction Code.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Project - 1750 words (40%)
- Report - 2750 words (60%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.