Companies and Partnership Law
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply the Law of Partnership and major aspects of Corporate Law, demonstrated through the ability to identify and explain the key principles within the area.
- Explain how social, economic, political and moral environments influence corporate law.
- Apply analytical thinking, and problem-solving and communication skills in both written and oral contexts.
- Regulation of Partnerships. Incorporation of Companies and Effects
- Types of Companies and Internal Governance – the Corporate Constitution
- Corporate Liability
- Corporate Fundraising and Share Capital
- Directors, Officers and Auditors; Corporate Dividends
- Directors’ and Officers’ Duties with Defences and Remedies - good faith; proper purpose; avoiding conflict of interest
- Directors’ and Officers’ Duties with Defences and Remedies - duty of care and diligence; dealing with financial stress
- Members' Rights and Remedies
- External Administration and Insolvency
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Advance your understanding of the unenacted and enacted laws relating to partnerships and corporations. In this course, you’ll learn about the different types of business structures and the risks in creating and operating these structures. You’ll learn through real-life examples and case studies and will gain the knowledge to identify risky business dealings, avert liability, and identify situations when it’s appropriate to seek further advice.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Examination (60%)
- Problem solving exercise (40%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.