Career Development for Professionals
Tailor your resume, understand your points of differentiation and prepare your own ‘elevator pitch’. Hone skills in professional communication, negotiating with clients, developing relationships with stakeholders, presenting and more.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Jun 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify skills and knowledge relevant for a business professional, capture evidence, reflect on it and justify current levels of professional development.
- Demonstrate a professional orientation, taking responsibility for their own learning and achievements, set career directions, identify development opportunities and create plans for their own professional development.
- Identify essential business communication and negotiation principles, comparing and contrasting these in a variety of professional contexts.
- Apply written and presentation skills within a professional context, adhering to ethical practice.
- What is career development?
- Who am I?
- What career paths are available to me?
- Opportunities and decisions
- Developing a career plan
- Building a professional identity
- Employers and expectations and needs
- Recruitment and selection
- Communicating your value
- Further study plans and graduate attributes
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Gain the skills you need to make your next career move.
Tailor your resume to employer’s expectations, understand your points of differentiation and prepare your own ‘elevator pitch’. Enhance your job search skills, build your professional networking profile on LinkedIn and become a savvy professional by tapping into labour market information to identify opportunities in your field.
With a focus on hands-on learning, you’ll come out with the knowledge to build your own career plan, learn what employers look for in a resume, and understand the job application process.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Business degrees.
- Journal (40%)
- PDM (60%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.