Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Solve systems of equations using Gaussian elimination.
- Apply concepts related to the theory of vectors.
- Solve problems in matrix theory.
- Apply concepts related to linear transformations.
- Vectors, vector spaces, matrices, linear transformations and systems of linear equations.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course is designed to provide an introduction to the area of linear algebra. The course introduces vectors and vector spaces covering addition of vectors, scalar multiplication and the geometric meaning of vectors. The theory of matrices is also developed and includes matrix addition and multiplication, inverse matrices, determinants and the use of Gaussian elimination to solve systems of equations. Matrix theory is also applied to the study of linear transformations.
Continuous assessment - 50% Final exam - 50%
- Final exam (50%%)
- Written class test (50%%)
Current study term: 24 Jul 22 to 28 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.