Italian Language 1B
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 29 Jun 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- further utilise elementary structures and functions of the Italian language, including grammatical structures such as nouns, adjectives, articles, and present and perfect tenses of verbs;
- continue and improve the practise of modern Italian language, in regard to the above grammatical structures and the use of forms and expressions used in colloquial interaction; and
- demonstrate further knowledge of Italian culture through the use of elementary texts for language practice dealing with various aspects of Italian history, arts and lifestyle.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject extends the knowledge gained in the introductory subject of the structure and function of the Italian language. Students' knowledge of grammar and syntax will be extended, as study of this subject will acquaint the student with grammatical forms and structures not previously dealt with, such as the future, future perfect, imperfect, pluperfect, conditional tenses, subjunctive modes, uses of the infinitive, gerunds and syntactical forms. In addition, the subject includes a greater awareness of Italian culture through texts.
Online Assessment: 350 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 4 online language quizzes. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-2 Oral Task: 350 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Conducted online or on the telephone. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 1: 350 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 2: 350 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 3: 350 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Final Examination: 2hrs 15mins. Assessment Notes: It is mandatory to pass the final examination in order to pass the unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Online Assessment (10%)
- Oral Task (10%)
- Written Language Assessment 1 (10%)
- Written Language Assessment 2 (10%)
- Written Language Assessment 3 (10%)
- Final Examination (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major