Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Italian Language 1A
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
- 02 Mar 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- utilise elementary structures and functions of the Italian language, including grammatical structures such as nouns, adjectives, articles, and present and perfect tenses of verbs;
- practise the use of modern Italian language, in regard to the above grammatical structures and the use of forms and expressions used in colloquial interaction; and
- demonstrate their knowledge of Italian culture through the use of elementary texts for language practice dealing with various aspects of Italian history, arts and lifestyle.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required if students choose to attend the Non-Mandatory Intensive School. In 2020 the Non-Mandatory Intensive school will be held April 18-19 at the UNE Sydney campus Parramatta NSW. The Intensive School will be held if sufficient students commit by the date specified by the unit coordinator. Students are strongly encouraged to attend, as the Intensive School will offer activities that boost pronunciation and oral skills development.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject is for students with little or no knowledge of Italian. Study of the subject will acquaint students with basic grammatical structures and provide practice in modern Italian language as used in colloquial interaction. Students are also introduced to Italian culture through texts dealing with various aspects of Italian history, arts and lifestyle.
Online Assessment: 600 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 4 online quizzes. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-2 Oral Task: 400 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Conducted online or on the telephone. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 1: 650 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 2: 650 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 3: 650 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Written Language Assessment 4: 650 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3
- Online Assessment (10%)
- Oral Task (10%)
- Written Language Assessment 1 (20%)
- Written Language Assessment 2 (20%)
- Written Language Assessment 3 (20%)
- Written Language Assessment 4 (20%)
Prego: An Invitation to Italian 8th ed.
Lazzarino, G. and Dini, A.
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major