Indonesian Language 1B
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 29 Jun 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate extended elementary listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in everyday Indonesian language;
- further utilise elementary structures and functions of the Indonesian language, in particular grammatical structures;
- communicate in Indonesian with some depth on selected topics of everyday life;
- apply further knowledge of Indonesian cultural and social norms and Indonesian society; and
- use cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information when communicating in Indonesian at an elementary level.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject extends students' basic abilities to understand and express themselves in Indonesian through both written and oral/aural means. On completing the subject, students can expect to be able to converse on a wide range of topics, write lengthy (but basic) prose, and read simplified texts, such as short stories and historical passages.
Language Assessment 1: 800 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 600 word written assessment plus oral/aural components. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Language Assessment 2: 1500 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 1000 word written assessment plus oral/aural components. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Quiz 1: 100 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Vocabulary, expression, grammar. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 4 Quiz 2: 100 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Vocabulary, expression, grammar. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 4 Recorded Oral Assessment: 200 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Final Examination: 2hrs 15mins. Assessment Notes: Written examination. It is mandatory to pass this component (i.e. student must gain at least 50% in the exam) in order to pass the unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 2-5. UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Language Assessment 1 (20%)
- Language Assessment 2 (25%)
- Quiz 1 (5%)
- Quiz 2 (5%)
- Recorded Oral Assessment (5%)
- Final Examination (40%)
Textbook information is pending.
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major