Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Indonesian Language 1A
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online and other materials
- 02 Mar 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate elementary listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in everyday Indonesian language;
- utilise elementary structures and functions of the Indonesian language, in particular grammatical structures;
- communicate in simple Indonesian on selected topics of everyday life;
- apply elementary knowledge of Indonesian cultural and social norms and Indonesian society; and
- use cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information when communicating in Indonesian at an elementary level.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required if students choose to attend the Non-Mandatory Intensive School. In 2020 the Non-Mandatory Intensive school will be held April 18-19 at the UNE Sydney campus in Parramatta NSW. The intensive school will be held if sufficient students commit by the date specified by the unit coordinator. Students are strongly encouraged to attend as the Intensive School offers activities to boost pronunciation and oral skills development.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject provides students with an introduction to contemporary Indonesian language. It develops basic aural, oral, reading and writing skills. Attention is given to the socio-cultural context of the language, and to functional fluency.
Language Assessment 1: 750 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 550 word written assessment plus oral/aural components. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Language Assessment 2: 1000 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 750 word written assessment plus oral/aural components. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Language Assessment 3: 1250 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: 900 word written assessment plus oral/aural components. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Quiz 1: 100 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Vocabulary, expression, grammar. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 4 Quiz 2: 100 words (equivalent). Assessment Notes: Vocabulary, expression, grammar. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 4
- Language Assessment 1 (20%)
- Language Assessment 2 (30%)
- Language Assessment 3 (40%)
- Quiz 1 (5%)
- Quiz 2 (5%)
The Learner's Dictionary of Today's Indonesian
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major