Integrated Marketing Communication
Build up brands using the elements of marketing communication.
Get an overview on publicity, sales promotion, public relations and direct marketing. Learn the ins and outs of advertising strategy and planning. Address budgeting and sponsorship.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
Describe the nature, principles and tools of integrated marketing communication and promotions management.
Develop analytical and creative skills necessary to prepare a marketing communications plan in a comprehensive and integrated manner in various business contexts.
Evaluate the aspects of integrated marketing communications including planning, designing, and executing marketing communication campaigns.
Work and communicate effectively as an individual or as part of a team across a range of activities and contexts.
Apply ethical principles and social considerations in making decisions relating to integrated marketing communication.
- Introduction to integrated marketing communications and communications strategy
- Forms of communication and the communication process
- Who to communicate to and what to communicate: segmentation and objectives
- Industry roles in IMC (Integrated marketing communication)
- Advertising strategy and planning
- Creative advertising and effective integration
- Where to communicate: Media - Interactive and digital media
- Media strategy, planning and buying
- Other forms of IMC: Sales promotion, direct marketing, PR and publicity, sponsorship
- Global campaigns and ethics
- IMC campaign evaluation and budgets
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
In addition to MKT10007 students may also have completed AVA10004 if applicable.
No special requirements
This subject aims to introduce the nature and principles of integrated marketing communications to promote brand success. The subject introduces systematic approaches to setting marketing communications goals, identifying relevant target audiences, designing and testing creative communication campaigns, and evaluating campaign results. Students will develop a deep understanding of marketing communication tools such as advertising, sales promotion, public relations, publicity and direct marketing in a digital and contemporary environment. Students will be able to develop an effective integrated marketing communication plan from an advanced viewpoint based on theory, contemporary practices, and research.
- IMC plan - Group (20-30%)
- IMC campaign evaluation and presentation - Individual (30-40%)
- Reflective Folio - Individual (30-50%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.