Business Process Management
Figure out how process management and modelling supports commercial success. Integrate supply chain management and align planning and culture initiatives with technology. Use design and analysis to lead improvement, innovation and business performance.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Define and describe the concepts of business process, business process value, improvement, reengineering and workflow
- Analyse how process improvement technologies and business process management support the enhancement of an organisation's business objectives
- Conceptualise an organisation in terms of its business processes and show how the processes align an organisation with its overall strategy
- Apply appropriate methods, tools and techniques to identify, model and redesign business processes in a process aware organisation to develop efficiencies through process improvement.
- Introduction to Business Process Management and relationship to organisational strategic goals and objectives
- Organisational Concepts, Business Process Management approaches and methodologies
- Business process modelling levels 1 & 2 Palette
- Business Process Architecture and Value Creation
- Business Process Design Best Practices, Lean Methodology and Process Improvement
- Resources Allocation and capacity, Performance Analysis
- BPM Technologies, BPMS and Business Process Automation
- Change Management, Quality, Six Sigma and the Future of BPM
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Students should have completed 150 Credit Points (12 units)
No additional requirements
This subject outline the key concepts of business process management and modelling, its importance to an organisation, and how these support business activities. This also includes integration with a wide range of functions involving other organisations such as occurs in supply-chain management. The perspectives taken are that technology should align with strategic management objectives and cultural practices and also that business process analysis and design is a means of providing significant opportunities for innovation and performance advantage over competitors.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Test — Individual (20-30%)
- Assignment 1 — Individual (20-30%)
- Assignment 2 — Group (30-50%)
- Reflective Task — Individual (10-20%)
Current study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.