Maximise your understanding of investment and portfolio management.
Unpack industry ethics. Make predictions about the stock market. Employ theories and tools that will guide you through asset allocation and money management processes.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Understand the nature of an investment and its environment, importance of asset allocation, professional money management and industry ethics in diverse contexts
- CLO2: Illustrate the concept of modern portfolio theory, capital market theory and their relation to asset pricing models
- CLO3: Undertake estimation of capital asset pricing model and multifactor asset pricing models using regression analysis to make an investment decision
- CLO4: Apply a range of techniques using fundamental analysis and technical analysis to predict the future of the stock market and also critically analyse statistical findings, share price information, stock market information and current economy published in media, online resources (e.g. Google finance, Yahoo finance, Bloomberg) and library databases to make an optimal investment decision
- CLO5: Estimate a variety of equity valuation models to make optimal investment decisions and provide advice accordingly to investors, stakeholders and general public
- CLO6: Understand the issues associated with the evaluation of portfolio performance and apply the knowledge to estimate various performance evaluation techniques to evaluate portfolio manager’s performance.
- CLO7: Apply portfolio management strategies to make industry-relevant investment decisions
- The investment environment, asset allocation, money management industry ethics
- Markowitz Portfolio Theory
- Capital Market Theory
- Asset Pricing Models
- Fundamental analysis
- Technical analysis
- Equity valuation
- Equity portfolio management
- Portfolio performance evaluation
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as Investment and Portfolio Management.
In this subject you will explore and analyse the theory, concepts, tools and techniques of investment and portfolio management. At the conclusion of the subject you will be sufficiently competent to apply the theory and practice of finance theories in a work environment, as well as to gain confidence in the application of a range of techniques, and develop a capacity for independent thought and critical analysis, in the areas of investment analysis and portfolio management which will enable you to study finance at a higher level in the future.
- Assignment - Linked CLOs: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (40%%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1-7 (40%%)
- Mid-semester test - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3 (20%%)
Textbook information is pending.