Maximise your understanding of investment and portfolio management.
Unpack industry ethics. Make predictions about the stock market. Employ theories and tools that will guide you through asset allocation and money management processes.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Understand the nature of an investment and its environment, the importance of asset allocation, professional money management and industry ethics in diverse contexts.
- Illustrate the concept and application of modern portfolio theory, capital market theory and their relation to asset pricing models, including the Capital Asset Pricing Model and multifactor asset pricing models to make investment decisions.
- Apply a range of techniques to undertake fundamental analysis and technical analysis to predict the future of the stock market and also critically analyse statistical findings, share price information, stock market information and the current economy in media, online resources and library databases to make an optimal investment decision.
- Employ a variety of equity valuation models and apply portfolio management strategies to make optimal investment decisions and provide advice accordingly to investors, stakeholders and the general public. Understand the issues associated with the evaluation of portfolio performance and apply the knowledge to estimate various performance evaluation techniques to evaluate portfolio managers’ performance.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as Investment and Portfolio Management.
In this subject you will explore and analyse the theory, concepts, tools and techniques of investment and portfolio management. At the conclusion of the subject you will be sufficiently competent to apply the theory and practice of finance theories in a work environment, as well as to gain confidence in the application of a range of techniques, and develop a capacity for independent thought and critical analysis, in the areas of investment analysis and portfolio management which will enable you to study finance at a higher level in the future.
- Assessment 1 (20%%)
- Assessment 2 (40%%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.