Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Implement strategic project briefs for clients, both internal and external to your organisation.Draw on business design thinking. Ensure that you continue to demonstrate sustainable and ethical work practices. Reflect on your work and your career path
Your upfront cost: $0
Online & on-campus
- 19 Jul 2021
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On the successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Create a strategic project brief in an ethical sustainable manner using business design thinking to provide solutions and recommendations to a client’s organisation
- Apply interpersonal skills to work in teams and to communicate effectively with clients
- Critically reflect on your executive career potential and lifelong learning.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-OMBA650-Financial Management
- RMI-OMBA660-Creating Business Strategies
- RMI-OMBA630-Leadership and Ethics
- RMI-OMBA610-Accounting for Business Decisions
- RMI-BUSM4530-Managing Technology & Innovation Strategy
- RMI-BUSM4527-Managing Business Operations
- RMI-BUSM4521-Design Thinking for Business (Executive)
- AttendanceDetails - Face-to-face intensive over 4 days
In this subject you will develop the knowledge and skills needed by executive leaders to design and research strategic project briefs to meet clients’ needs both internal and external to your organisation. You will also reflect on the progression of your career, identifying actions required to achieve your career goals as an executive and lifelong learner.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience. You will undertake and be assessed on structured activities that allow you to learn, apply and demonstrate your professional or vocational practice; and be involved in authentic engagement with partner organisations that include industry feedback.
This subject also provides you with a capstone experience, which will provide you with the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your program.
This subject requires on-campus attendance in Melbourne. Attendance on the first weekend is compulsory.
- Assessment 1 (40%)
- Assessment 2 (20%)
- Assessment 3 (40%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.