Creating Business Strategies
Tackle the ethical challenges that designing business strategies can raise. Explore corporate issues from an international perspective.Combine your knowledge of business marketing, finance and human resource management and build strategic solutions.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
One of Australia's largest dual-sector institutes, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 96,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about RMIT.
Explore RMIT courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On the successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Apply strategic management knowledge to create an effective strategy for a business in an industry setting.
- Use design thinking to develop and prioritise solutions to strategy problems and opportunities for a business.
- Critically engage with and resolve ethical challenges of strategy design.
- Interpret the international business environment to inform strategy design for sustainable, competitive advantage of an organisation.
- Please refer to RMIT University's Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-BUSM4521-Design Thinking for Business (Executive) (No longer available)
No additional requirements
In this subject you will gain an international strategic perspective on issues that concern the organisation. The subject integrates concepts from other MBA Executive subjects that cover specific areas of operating a business such as marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management and operations management, and uses these insights to provide you with a framework to design solutions to complex business problems and opportunities. The subject covers the evolution of the field of strategy and the need to balance strategy process, content and context.
Drawing on your professional experience you will explore the importance of business ethics including a well-developed ethics of governance regime to help achieve strategic organisational goals in an international business setting.
- Assessment 1 (CLOs 1, 2, 3, 4) (20%)
- Assessment 2 (CLOs 1, 2, 3, 4) (30%)
- Assessment 3 (CLOs 1, 2, 3, 4) (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).