Managing Technology & Innovation Strategy
Highlight the disruptive nature of technology growth. Learn how to strategically integrate technology and innovative business practices. Judge ethical tactics that executive teams can take when supporting their company’s innovation strategies.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
- 18 Jul 2022
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Apply contemporary business knowledge to create a strategic plan to manage the disruptive nature of technology
- Research business innovation and technology management strategies to develop solutions for business problems
- Reflect on and apply design thinking to develop creative technological and innovative business opportunities through prototyping and testing business ideas.
- Introduction to Business Innovation and Technology
- Innovation, Thinking Styles, Design and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation Culture and Change by Design
- Innovation Strategy
- Innovation Tools and Methodologies
- Emerging and Disruptive Technologies
- Technology Strategy
- R&D Management
- Innovation Leadership
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
This subject will develop the knowledge and skills required of executive leadership in managing technology and innovation. You will develop and apply strategic innovation and technology management to promote sustainable business performance, research and design solutions to enhance decision making, and effectively lead and manage innovation at an executive level.
You will examine key literature in three areas: strategic technology management, strategic innovation and strategic integration of innovation, and technology management. This subject also emphasises the importance of the practice of sound business ethics as organisations seek to achieve their technology and innovation goals and objectives.
- Case Study (50%)
- Groups Assessments (30%)
- Individual Report (20%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 23 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.