- The Accounting Equation and Accounting Principles
- Regulatory Framework
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement and Statement of Changes in Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Cost Accounting
- Managing Working Capital
- Sustainability Accounting
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-BUSM4521-Design Thinking for Business (Executive)
No special requirements
This subject provides you with knowledge and skills of the fundamentals of accounting in the financial decision-making process. You will examine the accounting recording and reporting system, and analyse and interpret accounting information to make decisions within an organisation. You will investigate the key measures of financial performance and develop your ability to use accounting data to make informed business decisions. You will learn to prepare a budget, undertake cash flow analysis and learn how to implement basic cost accounting tools. This subject will also introduce sustainability accounting.
This subject draws on student experience as managers in industry (including experience in operating internationally and locally), and emphasises the importance of accounting in a business context.
This subject also emphasises the importance of the practice of sound business ethics as organisations seek to achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Discussion Board Participation (20%)
- Financial Analysis Report (30%)
- Take Home Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.