CPA Ethics and Governance
Gain a global perspective on the professional and ethical roles of the accountant. Investigate issues surrounding corporate governance in accountancy. Ask questions about corporations’ responsibilities towards society and their stakeholders.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Explain, from a global perspective, the nature of the accounting profession and the roles of professional accountants.
- Apply the key professional responsibilities of an accountant from the perspective of a member of CPA Australia;
- Explain the importance of ethics and professional judgement.
- Describe key governance and regulatory frameworks, including international perspectives on corporate governance and the roles of various stakeholders.
- Explain the expectations placed on various internal and external stakeholders arising from organisational governance responsibilities.
- Ascertain various compliance and regulatory regimes impacting the global business environment.
- Identify the strategic, leadership and global issues impacting accountants and the accounting profession.
- Describe the nature, role and importance of corporate social responsibility, including climate change and sustainable development.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
RMI-ACCT2280-Strategic Management Control Systems and RMI-MPAC10-Accounting, Accountability and Society and RMI-MPAC20-Business & Corporations Law and RMI-MPAC30-Contemporary Financial and Integrated Reporting and RMI-MPAC70-Financial Decision Making and RMI-MPAC50-Accounting Thought and Ethics and RMI-ECON1315-Quantitative Methods for Economic Analysis ;
Students should successfully complete Stages A and B prior to commencing this subject.
No special requirements
This subject develops your ability as an accounting graduate to understand the complexities of ethics and corporate governance and to apply them in a demanding and global business environment. This subject integrates the materials from the CPA Program Professional Level segment titled ‘Ethics and Corporate Governance’ and prepares students for the CPA examination.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (40%)
- CPA Exam (Invigilated) (30%)