- Organising and Presenting Data & Summarising Numerical Data
- Basic and Discrete Probability
- Hypothesis testing and sampling methods
- Time Series, Forecasting and Index Numbers
- Thinking like an economist
- Market supply and demand and Market Failure
- Macroeconomic measurements and Determinants of Aggregate Spending
- Macroeconomic policy
- Production costs
- Market Structure - Perfect competition, Monopoly, Imperfect competition.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Quantitative Methods for Economic Analysis will provide you with insights into the structure of an economy, how it operates, why economic problems occur and the reasons why policy makers make the decisions they make.
This subject is designed to provide you with the economic knowledge and skills necessary to make well-informed business and accounting decisions. It will also introduce you to various quantitative methods and techniques to facilitate these decision-making practices.
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (50%)
- Mid-Session Test 1 - Linked CLOs: 5, 6 (20%)
- Mid-Session Test 2 - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3 (30%)