- Australian Legal System
- Contract Law
- Introduction to contract law
- Elements of a simple contract
- Contents of a contract
- Remedies for breach of contract
- Intro to Corporations Law: Some Basics
- Registration and its consequences
- Internal Rues of a company
- Membership of a company
- Shares & debenture; Management of Companies & Directors' duties; Corporate Liability; Insolvency and Charges
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Online Quizzes/Tests
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The subject teaches legal principles important in a commercial environment, focusing particularly on the principles needed by accountants providing professional accountancy services, including the law of contract, negligence and company law.
This subject will allow you to develop skills in reading, understanding and applying relevant legal principles from both legislation and court decisions, and you will be exposed to critical thinking about the socio-legal framework and legal and ethical standards underpinning the practice of accountancy and business in general. These generic skills will provide a foundation upon which you can continually update your knowledge as the law changes.
- Assessments (50%)
- Open Book Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.