Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Workshop 1: Introduction
- Workshop 2: Placement approaches and objectives
- Workshop 3: Professional Practice
- Workshop 4: Mid-semester Review
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students must have completed 18 credit points (6 OUA subjects) at Level 1 before enrolling in this subject.
- PlacementDetails - Completion of 90 hour placement
This subject was previously known as COD324A Projects in Community Development.
This placement subject gives students the opportunity to examine how ideas and practice interconnect. The primary part of this subject requires students to undertake a placement within an organisation that undertakes community-based work. Students will be encouraged to look, listen and consider the linkages between theory and practice by going 'into the field' and reflecting on the process of working within the community.
Students are required to complete 90 placement hours.
The assessments are designed to give students the opportunity to prepare thoughtfully for their placement, as well as providing a vehicle for active reflection on their learning.
- Placement proposal and documentation (40%)
- Placement reflection (60%)
- Placement - Completion of 90 hour placement (Pass/Fail%)
Bachelor of Arts Community Development
- Part I (Level 1) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 3) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 2) Core units - Major
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Community Development
- Major in International Aid and Development
- Major in Security, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Major in Sustainable Development