Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Workshop 1: Introduction
- Workshop 2: Placement approaches and objectives
- Workshop 3: Professional Practice
- Workshop 4: Mid-semester Review
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Welcome letter
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students must have completed 18 credit points (6 OUA subjects) at Level 1 before enrolling in this subject.
This subject was previously known as COD324A Projects in Community Development.
This placement subject gives students the opportunity to examine how ideas and practice interconnect. The primary part of this subject requires students to undertake a placement within an organisation that undertakes community-based work. Students will be encouraged to look, listen and consider the linkages between theory and practice by going 'into the field' and reflecting on the process of working within the community.
Students are required to complete 90 placement hours.
- Placement proposal (40%)
- Placement reflection (60%)
- Placement (Pass/Fail%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Community Development
- Part I (Level 1) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 3) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 2) Core units - Major
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Community Development
- Major in International Aid and Development
- Major in Security, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Major in Sustainable Development