You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Straight lines and linear functions
- Systems of linear equations and matrices
- Precalculus review
- Functions: their graphs and limits
- Trigonometric functions
- Slopes of curves and derivatives
- More on derivatives
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Higher order derivatives and applications
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Mathematics up to year 10 in Australian high schools provides sufficient background. UniSA's subject, ENR102 Essential Mathematics 2: Calculus, is considered as an equivalent of this subject.
No special requirements
This for-credit subject is a preparatory mathematics subject intended for students who have not completed secondary school mathematics and who have insufficient background for the more advanced mathematics required for success in MAS120 and MAS130. The topics covered include algebra; polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions and their graphs; matrices; basic concepts of differential and integral calculus and applications.
- Assignments x 4 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (70%)
Textbook information is pending.