Undertake a large-scale research project assessing views and definitions of history since the 19th century. Inspect modern historiographical techniques. Look at empiricism and post-modernism. Unpack the biography's role as a historical tool.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Reflect on and articulate discipline specific skills and literacy.
- Integrate and apply discipline specific knowledge to contemporary and historical problems
- Think critically and analytically
- Communicate effectively in written, oral and interpersonal forms
- Synthesise and integrate knowledge from multiple topic areas
- Think historically about the present
- What is History and Does it Matter?
- What is Historical Knowledge
- Historical Literacy: Asking Questions
- Historical Literacy: Critical Thinking
- Historical Literacy: Historical Imagination
- Historical Literacy: Historical Judgement
- History and Policy
- Consuming History
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- MAQ-MHIX300-Making History Work
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
NCCW (pre-2020 units) HST380, MHIS300, HIST373, MHIZ300, MHIX300 Pre-requisite 130cp at 1000 level or above OR (20cp in HIST or MHIS or POL or POIR or MHIX or POIX units at 2000 level) NCCW (2020 and onwards) MHIS3000 Making History
- OtherDetails -
Students who have an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion under Macquarie University's Academic Progression Policy are not permitted to enrol in OUA units offered by Macquarie University. Students with an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion who have enrolled in units through OUA will be withdrawn.
This subject was previously known as MHIX300 Making History Work.
- Individual Topic Thesis (40%)
- Individual online presentation (30%)
- Written Reflection (20%)
- Active Participation (10%)
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in English
- Major in Ancient History
- Major in Modern History
- Major in Philosophy
- Major in Politics
- Major in Sociology
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Indigenous Studies
- Major in International Relations
- Major in Applied Ethics