Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Reflect on and articulate discipline specific skills and literacy.
- Integrate and apply discipline specific knowledge to contemporary and historical problems
- Think critically and analytically
- Communicate effectively in written, oral and interpersonal forms
- Synthesise and integrate knowledge from multiple topic areas
- Think historically about the present
- What is History and Does it Matter?
- What is Historical Knowledge
- Historical Literacy: Asking Questions
- Historical Literacy: Critical Thinking
- Historical Literacy: Historical Imagination
- Historical Literacy: Historical Judgement
- History and Policy
- Consuming History
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- MAQ-HST380 (Not currently available)
- MAQ-MHIX300-Making History Work (No longer available)
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
NCCW (pre-2020 units) HST380, MHIS300, HIST373, MHIZ300, MHIX300 Pre-requisite: MHIX2007 and MHIX2020 NCCW (2020 and onwards) MHIS3000 Making History
- Other requirements -
Students who have an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion under Macquarie University's Academic Progression Policy are not permitted to enrol in OUA units offered by Macquarie University. Students with an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion who have enrolled in units through OUA will be withdrawn.
This subject was previously known as MHIX300 Making History Work.
- Individual Topic Thesis (40%)
- Individual online presentation (30%)
- Written Reflection (20%)
- Active Participation (10%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).