Food and Fibre Markets
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical and economic features that support the sustainability of agribusinesses and their supply chains in regional economies.
- Identify and evaluate the range of market opportunities available to firms operating in the agribusiness environment.
- Evaluate various concepts of strategy and marketing management and recommend appropriate strategic directions that exploit market opportunities and/or the organisational capabilities of agribusiness firms and their supply chains.
- Formulate and assemble a coherent marketing strategy and tactical program to enable agribusiness firms to achieve their stated objective/s.
- Compare and contrast theoretical frameworks and industry implementation of strategies for the development and implementation of marketing strategy.
- Reflect on practical application of theoretical marketing frameworks in the context of other subjects to demonstrate an understanding of the students relative preparedness for entering the workforce.
- • Agribusiness supply chains.
- • Emerging opportunities for agribusiness supply chains.
- • Market strategy.
- • Identifying and mitigating risk.
- • Engaging supply chains.
- • Evaluating the effectiveness of strategy.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Food and Fibre Markets provides you with the ability to develop and communicate effective strategies to capitalise on market opportunities within an agribusiness context by drawing upon relevant concepts, theory, analytical tools and frameworks. The subject is delivered in intensive format, through face-to-face delivery in block-mode delivery at the Albury/Wodonga Campus. The subject draws on industry experts to explore key factors influencing marketing strategies in the agribusiness sector.
- Case Study (1000 word equivalent). (15%)
- Case Study (1500 word equivalent) This task will draw on discussions and activities undertaken during workshops. (45%)
- Major Assignment (2000 word equivalent) This assessment will require students to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the subject. (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.