Australian Sign Language 2A
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Recognise and respond to a range of intermediate level vocabulary and grammatical constructions in Auslan.
- Produce a range of intermediate level vocabulary items and grammatical constructions in Auslan.
- Compare and contrast Auslan and English vocabulary and grammar.
- Compare and contrast formal and informal register and discourse forms in Auslan and English.
- Recognise the value of sociolinguistic variation in the Australian deaf community and incorporate this into receptive and productive skills in Auslan.
- • Using Auslan in reviewing a movie and current news.
- • Understanding Auslan in intermediate everyday contexts.
- • Comparing and contrasting the Auslan and English grammar.
- • Comparing and contrasting the formal and informal registers used in Auslan and English.
- • Understanding sociolinguistic variations.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
In this subject, students will develop intermediate levels of communicative competence in Auslan in both receptive and production skills. They will focus on the use of informal register and discourse forms in the language, and will also discuss the issue of sociolinguistic variation within the deaf community.
- Reflective practice exercises (equivalent to 1,500-words) Hurdle requirement: Must obtain a pass in all components of assessment (20%)
- One final production task (equivalent to 1,500-words) (30%)
- One initial production task (equivalent to 500-words) (10%)
- 15-minute comprehension tasks (equivalent to 500-words) (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.