Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Jul 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Describe the key elements of the agribusiness environment.
Reflect on how industry engagement has informed your understanding of the current and future challenges facing agribusiness managers.
Explain, critically evaluate and apply the core concepts/theories underlying the effective management of agribusinesses.
- • Contemporary agribusiness challenges.
- • The management context.
- • The agribusiness manager.
- • Value chains and supply chains.
- • Managing supply chains.
- • Managing risk.
- • Strategic marketing.
- • Managing the financial resource.
- • Managing the human resource.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Agribusiness describes the food and fibre production and marketing system, which is made up of thousands of businesses ranging from small farms to large multinational companies. In this subject you will be introduced to managers and the management of food, fibre and agribusiness firms. In doing so you will explore the concepts, processes, ideas, issues and experiences of managers and management that will enhance your effectiveness in performing the functions and tasks of an agribusiness manager.
- Individual Quiz (500 words equivalent). (15%)
- Individual reflection (2,000 words). (45%)
- Essay (1,500 words). (40%)
Current study term: 30 Jul 23 to 27 Oct 23
Textbook information is pending.