The Management of Business Processes
Your upfront cost: $0
- 06 Nov 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
After successfully completing this subject, you should be able to:
- Explain and identify the need and purpose (logic behind) of sound business process management, including the understanding of emerging technology applications for business processes digitalization.
- Map and (re)design cross-industry business processes.
- Improve business processes by applying process management improvement tools in cross-industry situations that involve services, manufacturing and supply chain activities.
- Identify and discuss the major human resource management and ethical issues involved in the (re)design and implementation of business processes.
- Explain the strategic management of value chains for analysing chains of business processes across industries.
Assurance of Learning
This course evaluates student performance for Assurance of Learning purposes for the program learning objective (PLO): Develop and apply knowledge and skills which enhance employability and career paths.
- Business Processes Mapping 1
- Business Processes Mapping 2
- Business Processes Mapping 3
- Business Processes Analysis 1
- Business Processes Analysis 2
- Clinic (assessment one)
- Business Processes Analysis 3
- Value Chains 1
- Value Chains 2
- Ethics and Business Processes
- Digital business processes
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
The subject serves as an introductory platform to business processes. It offers both conceptual and practical guidance for achieving competitive advantage by managing business processes. The Management of Business processes involves the deliberate and collaborative design, management and goal definition of end-to-end sets of activities that create value for customers.
Key aspects of business processes at the management, operational and support level are investigated and supporting theories explored looking at the work of Taylor, Harmon, Davenport, Hammer and Porter to name some. By taking a holistic view of the organisation, that transcends vertical, horizontal, external and geographical boundaries, this unit provides a road map for guiding organisations to analyse, re-design and improve business processes. Finally, the effects of the application of Information Systems on business processes are investigated in terms of how the processes themselves are captured and become an integral part of the technology.
- Case Study (50%)
- Problem Solving Assignment (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).