Sport Digitisation and Communication
Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Apply Big Data analytics to sport context and describe the impact on social media and sport communication.
- Utilise knowledge of the media, its purpose, structure and processes to appropriately respond to various sporting scenarios.
- Analyse sport organisation websites and social media platforms to evaluate their role in the stakeholder communication process.
- Develop industry-appropriate oral and written communication skills to create authentic digital communication artifacts.
- Crisis Communication
- Media Relations
- Traditional sport media
- Social Media Strategy
- New Media
- Media, Sport and Careers
- Theoretical foundations of Sport Comms
- Communication Tools for Sport Media
- Developing a strategic public relations
- Social Media Applications
- Future trends
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
The mass media have a unique fascination with sport. Sport obtains its own section in newspapers, as well as in radio and television broadcasts. There are numerous magazines devoted to sport. Coordination of relations between sport organisations and media has become a specialised realm of sport management.
Sport organisations coordinate their media relations through the Sports Information Director (SID) or media liaison officer. That person is responsible for developing relations with reporters and editors, formulating a media plan, and providing information to the press. Sport information is a pivotal component of the sport organisation's marketing communications campaign.
Incompatible: 2312HSL Sport Information.
- Assessment 1 - Big Data and Sport (10%)
- Assessment 2 - Vodcast and Email Responses (45%)
- Assessment 3: Media Statement Presentation (Oral) (45%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).