Your upfront cost: $0
- 17 Jul 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
DEMONSTRATE ACHIEVEMENT OF THESE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Describe the growth and importance of the service sectors in Australia and world economies.
Apply concepts from the services marketing theory in a practical sense in order to develop and manage effective marketing programs within service firms to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
Explain the services marketing mix and how this expands on the traditional 4Ps of marketing.
Discuss the unique challenges involved in marketing and managing services and how services differ from the marketing of other sectors of the economy.
Participate in a team action learning approach and develop effective writing and verbal communication skills.
ASSURANCE OF LEARNING
This course assesses the Program Learning Objectives: Develop and apply knowledge and skills which enhance employability
- Introduction and Overview of Services Marketing
- Customer behaviour in a Service Context and Marketing implications
- Developing service products and brands
- Distributing Services through physical and electronic channels
- setting prices and implementing revenue management
- Promoting Services
- Designing and Managing Services Process
- Balancing Demand and capacity
- Crafting the service environment
- Managing people for service advantage
- Managing relationships and building loyalty
- Complaint handling and service recovery
- Improving service quality and productivity
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course demonstrates the importance of the service sector, how marketing theory differs for this sector, the unique challenges faced by service businesses and the application of service theory in practice. You will develop and expand your management skills in the application of marketing strategies to improve service quality, increase and maintain customer satisfaction, generate customer loyalty and create and manage a healthy service-oriented environment.
Group Assignment Service Audit - 40% Written Individual Assignment Final Report - 60%
- Group Assignment Service Audit (40%)
- Written Individual Assignment Final Report (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).