Sales and Negotiation
Your upfront cost: $0
- 06 Mar 2023
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
After successfully completing this subject, you should be able to:
1.1 Develop strategies for sales techniques and sales management to enhance customer relationships.
1.2 Apply personal selling techniques, sales management, and negotiation in a global and electronic context.
1.3 Discuss the contemporary nature of personal selling, sales management, sales and negotiation in B2B and B2C contexts.
- Topic 1 Overview of the Personal Selling
- Topic 2 The Building Blocks of Selling
- Topic 3 The Role of Sales and Sales Tactics
- Topic 4 Sales Approaches
- Topic 5 Salesforce Planning
- Topic 6 Recruiting Sales Personnel and Salesforce
- Topic 7 Negotiation and its purposes
- Topic 8 Stages of Negotiation
- Topic 9 Negotiation with others
- Topic 10 Interview with a Senior Management (Negotiation)
- Topic 11 Interview with a HR Manager (Negotiation)
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Business success is highly dependent on the effectiveness of the selling process, sales management and business negotiation. This course will provide the knowledge necessary for students to understand the selling process and be able to apply key principles of successful sales management. It provides an introduction to personal selling, as well as a detailed analysis of the selling process, environmental influences, business negotiation, estimating demand, account management and sales force management including the recruitment, selection, training, motivation and performance of salespeople and control of the selling effort.
Online Mid-Trimester Exam - 20% Individual Case Study - 40% Negotiation Simulation (Presentation and Report) - 40%
- Online Mid-Trimester Exam (20%%)
- Individual Case Study (40%%)
- Negotiation Simulation (Presentation and Report) (40%%)
Current study term: 05 Mar 23 to 02 Jun 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.